Introduction to Pika¶
Pika is a pure-Python implementation of the AMQP 0-9-1 protocol that tries to stay fairly independent of the underlying network support library. Currently pika only supports Python 2.6 and 2.7. Work to support 3.3+ is underway.
If you have not developed with Pika or RabbitMQ before, the Introduction to Pika documentation is a good place to get started.
Pika is available for download via PyPI and may be installed using easy_install or pip:
pip install pika
To install from source, run “python setup.py install” in the root source directory.
0.9.14 - 2013-06-*¶
- Major issue with socket buffer refactor in 0.9.13 (#328) fixes by cooper6581 and Erik Andersson
- Fix a bug in SelectConnection that did not allow for a IOLoop to be restarted (#337) fix by Ralf Nyrén
- Fix an issue in BlockingConnection disconnections (#340) fix by Mark Unsworth
- Add NullHandler to prevent logging warnings when not configured (#339) by Cenk Altı
- Added Twisted Adapter example (#314) by nolinksoft